The Hearst Foundations are only able to fund approximately 20% of all grant requests, of which about 80% is directed to prior grantees and about 20% is targeted for new grantees.
In the recent past, 30% of total funding has been allocated to Health. Organizations with budgets over $10 million have received 80% of the funding in Health.
Types of Support:
- Program, capital and, on a limited basis, endowment support
Preference will be given to:
- Professional development
- Programs improving access to high-quality healthcare for low-income populations
- Programs developing and providing specialized care for the complex needs of elderly populations
- Programs scaling innovative healthcare delivery systems to provide efficient, coordinated care
- Research, particularly related to finding new cures and treatments for prevalent diseases, such as cancer