Hearst Foundations’ Mission
The Hearst Foundations identify and fund outstanding nonprofits to ensure that people of all backgrounds in the United States have the opportunity to build healthy, productive and inspiring lives.
Hearst Foundations’ Goals
The Foundations seek to achieve their mission by funding approaches that result in:
- Increasing academic achievement and affordable educational options for youth
- Improving health and quality of life in the United States
- Ensuring the role of the arts and sciences as a cornerstone of society
- Providing access to and training for employment and careers for adults
- Stabilizing and supporting families
Hearst Foundations’ Approach:
- The Foundations strive to identify best-in-class organizations to fund.
- The Foundations are committed to helping grow uniquely impactful programs to create long-term, wide-scale improvements in the nation.
- The Foundations monitor and measure the performance of grantees, using data collected to learn and improve grantmaking.
Whom the Hearst Foundations seek to serve:
- While the Foundations aim to create fulfilling lives for all Americans, they have a particular sense of urgency in addressing the needs of low-income populations.